Become a member of the largest Hispanic
Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)organization!
You can now become an instant member "on-line" athttp://oneshpe.shpe.org
- Select "Join SHPE" and then "Apply Now".
- Our Professional Chapter is located in Region VI.
- IT'S THAT EASY!
We only ask that you drop us a line at: Administrative Officer , so we can follow through your application process.
- Professional Member Benefits:
- Membership Certificate and Pin.
- Complimentary subscription to the SHPE Magazine.
- Complimentary subscription to Hispanic Business Magazine.
- Career development, leadership training and professional development.
- Involvement in Local Chapter events and activities.
- Networking opportunities and discounts at other SHPE seminars and conferences.
- Information on employment and professional advancement opportunities.
- Opportunity to enter Technical Paper, Poster, and other competitions.
- Eligible for National Awards.
- Eligible to nominate recipients for National Awards.
- Access to internships and scholarships.
- Receive discounted registration to NTCC, ETCC, ME, and WCCE.(Links)
- Membership form (Acrobat pdf file)
- Student Member Benefits:
- Discounted registration fees to conferences
- Life-long networking opportunities
- Automatic points added to SHPE Scholarship application
- Can enter technical paper, poster, and other competitions
- Free SHPE Magazine publications
- Access to internships and scholarships
- Membership pin and certificate
- Career development, leadership training, and professional development
- Member of the "SHPE Familia"!!
- Membership form (Acrobat pdf file)
New Benefit for SHPE members
We are pleased to announce a new added benefit of SHPE membership. Through a new strategic partnership with Kaplan AEC Education, SHPE members can now receive discounts on Kaplan engineering exam preparation materials and select professional development titles.
SHPE members will receive a 25% discount on study materials for the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (FE) and the Principles and Practice of Engineering exam (PE), the two exams necessary to become a licensed engineer. As the FE and PE exams are less than six weeks away (October 28 and 29), now is the time for those members registered for the exam to take advantage of this special savings.
SHPE Partnership Offers Low Student Loan Interest Rates
Dear prospective, in-coming, current and returning college students:
You have only one month left to take advantage of the following opportunity!!!
If you are not currently aware, the interest rate on current Stafford loans and PLUS loans will increase significantly beginning July 1, 2006.
SHPE has a partnership with the College Loan Corporation (CLC) to offer very low (as low as 4.5%*) interest rates on consolidated and new Stafford and PLUS loans and a rebate to SHPE AHETEMS to support the AHETEMS Scholarship Endowment (see below).
The current interest rates on a Stafford loan are 4.70% during the in-school and grace periods and 5.30% during the repayment period. The current interest rate on the PLUS Loan is 6.1%.
Effective July 1, the interest rates on Stafford Loans will be fixed at 6.8%; interest rates on PLUS loans will be fixed at 8.5%. Loans disbursed prior to July 1, 2006 will retain their variable interest rates and continue to be adjusted ONLY IF they are consolidated with the current low variable rate, which remain the lowest in history.
Please contact a CLC Representative at the special SHPE Toll-Free Number1.800.893.0792 to consolidate your loans or apply for a Stafford or PLUS loan. Indicate you are a SHPE member.
More information is also available on the SHPE Web site at www.shpe.org under "PROGRAMS" or contact the AHETEMS office at 817.272.1116 or 817.272.0776.
Benefits to Borrowers:
* Competitive interest rates on student (Stafford) or parent (PLUS) college education loans made through the College Loan Corporation * Borrowers who make payments on time each month for 48 consecutive months will receive a cash rebate equal to 5% of their principal balance outstanding up to $4000.
* With an automated debit payment plan, you can lock in an interest rate as low as 4.5%.
Benefits to SHPE AHETEMS:
* For every Stafford or PLUS loan that is made by a SHPE member or supporter through the special SHPE phone number listed above, $50 will be donated by CLC to the AHETEMS Scholarship Endowment, which funds SHPE scholarships through the AHETEMS Scholarship Program.
* For every loan consolidation made by a SHPE member or supporter through the special SHPE phone number listed above, $200 will be donated by CLC to the AHETEMS Scholarship Endowment, which funds SHPE scholarships through the AHETEMS Scholarship Program.
Assistant Programs Director
The University of Texas at Arlington
College of Engineering, Box 19019
634 Nedderman hall, Room 607
Arlington, TX 76019-0019
817-272-0776 (O) 817-272-2548 (F)